For the record, I post things to this blog the way I do to keep an accountable record. This means I record things that upset people. You are free to be offended in this country. I am free to offend.
I just got proof that I am being slandered today. It came by text message, which means that on top of this blog I now have a legal record. It also came in the form of a polite threat. At least it was polite, I guess.
In the contents of the text, I was able to glean the following things about my situation:
- My nemesis is definitely slandering my good name.
- My nemesis is abusing her suddenly-appeared partner’s financial advantage to bully me, I’m guessing into silence. That last part is a guess. It’s also the part that offends me the most.
- My nemesis is stating that she fears me – and the evidence suggests she’s doing it after I already stated how I feel about with the thought of being around her. Redirect is a common tactic when villainizing someone, and it’s something I wholly expected. If she were truly afraid of me, she’d simply go away and stop provoking me. It’s not hard. You just… do other things. Like.. take a shower, clean your house, or take a remedial course on the English language.
- My nemesis still wants her little $50 camera – ironic considering we were in motions to return it when she supposedly cut contact.
- My nemesis is still stalking me (and thus initiating contact) by reading this blog.
It’s really silly, the way she’s carrying on. She’s claiming to want to cut ties without actually cutting ties. Sending someone to threaten me and make arrangements for her camera by proxy is still a way to get a sense of contact. She should have acted like an adult and handled the situation without pouring gasoline on the fire.
I’m not backing down from reporting in this blog for a variety of reasons. All of them are personal, all of them are founded through experience, and all of them are things I deeply believe in.
First, and most importantly, this blog is my exercise of the First Amendment. If I’m silenced, not only are my Constitutional rights being violated but it sets a precedent for Americans at large.
Secondly, I am sick to death of being bullied. Bullying is at epic proportions in this country. We have bullying by cell phone, bullying by blog, bullying at work, at home, and there’s always been bullying by the abuse of law. I have no desire to back down and allow the bullies to win again. I just can’t bring myself to do so.
Thirdly, I am sick to the point of puking with being cast as the villain. It never fails. Some misunderstanding happens and the slandering begins – always on the part of the other party – and before its over everyone believes I’m the bad guy. It has happened with abusive ex’s, it has happened with users that came (and successfully) took my hard work away, and as far as I can tell it’s happening right now. I’m firmly saying no this time.
When I think on how I just can’t back down the way I might have done years ago, I keep coming back to this one particular moment in my final interactions with the crazy bitch. It was when we were at the Waffle House and she half stood up aggressively and used the word ‘dear’ in that special, hateful tone of voice. That was when the tables turned, and the ability to be nice just… died. I was still polite after that. I was still a good hostess. But any sympathy in her direction, any belief in any of the numerous stories she had to tell in which she cast others from her past as the bad guy, anything of that nature disappeared without a trace. That was the moment in which the proverbial camel’s back broke, and the hardened person who is fed up with being treated poorly stepped into play. No more, no less.
Fourth and final for this blog post, all she has to do to get me to drop things would be to… drop it. My posts aren’t initiations to harass her. They’re reactions to her poor treatment and harassment in my direction. In other words, all she has to do is… drum roll please… go away.
Let me reiterate. This is my assessment of the actual events and evidence I have in place:
- She’s definitely harassing me.
- She’s definitely aggravating me.
- She’s definitely initiating contact by various forms again and again.
- It looks like she’s slandering me.
- Circumstantial evidence suggests she’s stalking my life.
- If all these things are true, then she’s hurting the name of her company and that of her partner.
- If all these things are true, she’s definitely hurting my good name where I have not mentioned her name once. Not once. Nope. Because therapy/venting to me was more important than libelous slander. Go figure.
So you see. I can’t bring myself to just shut up. I might as well get a spoiled toddler, carry them to Walmart, and then give in to every single demand they have while letting them hit me with their little fists. Because that is what this crazy scenario is like.